These top trends are defined 2016 mobility.
With over 50 percent of all Internet searches happening from mobile devices, a mobile business strategy is more important than ever. Whether you’re a business, nonprofit, or simply a hobbyist app developer, understanding key app development trends is critical to creating apps that resonate with consumers. A recent Forrester Report has outlined some of the hottest app trends that defined 2016. Here’s a summary of what they’ve found.
1. Mobile marketing will be critical. Mobile marketing is already critical, and that trend is only increasing. Though almost every brand has a mobile strategy, in 2016, more brands integrated apps into their mobile strategy to give themselves a better outlet for connecting directly to their customers.
2. Messaging apps will prevail. Messaging apps are already the most widely used mobile apps, and in 2016, Forrester claimed this trend was strengthening. Customers will be spending more time on messaging apps, which means businesses should start leveraging messaging apps to make customer communication more accessible.
3. Diffuse backgrounds are trending. Part of creating a popular mobile app isn’t just its functionality, but also its design. Diffuse backgrounds are becoming quite popular, as it creates a clean, simple, and easily readable background that’s attractive, whilst maintaining visibility.
4. Location-specific apps are integral. Location-specific apps allow your users to receive updates based on their physical location. The updates will vary based on their city, state, store location, and even their specific location within the store. For instance, a person could receive an update about a sale at their nearest store location. Whilst in the store, they could receive a notification about a discounted product that’s relevant to their shopping history. These location-specific apps provide enhanced functionality for businesses and offer the potential to greatly improve your sales.
5. Artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) will increase. In the coming years, more smartphones will begin offering apps that incorporate both AI and IoT functions. Businesses can benefit greatly by integrating AI and IoT features into their customer apps.
6. More businesses will have apps. A 2016 survey found that 62 percent of businesses already had a mobile app or were currently in the process of making one. That means anyone without an app is already in the minority and will continue to fall behind competitors in the coming months.
7. Non-game apps are growing. Gaming apps have always been highly popular, but that’s of little use to businesses. It’s predicted that non-gaming app downloads will rise by about 23 percent within five years, so there’s never been a better time to build your business app.
8. Mobile shopping is on the rise. All retailers can benefit from mobile shopping. Many customers find mobile shopping to be easier and more efficient, and it’s rapidly becoming the preferred shopping experience. About 69 percent of millennials purchase items on their smartphones, compared to about 53 percent of Gen Xers. To tap into this mobile marketplace, your business needs a mobile app.
Stay Ahead of 2016 Trends by Developing a Mobile App Today
The results are in, and the verdict is clear. Your business needs a mobile app. However, building a mobile app can be difficult on your own. With the help of Glance’s top app developers, you can build an app quickly and easily, whilst relying on the expert advice of highly trained professionals. Contact us to start your app development process today.
Simon has worked in the software industry for over 20 years; intent on always producing work of the highest standard and creating software products that genuinely makes things better for people. Simon has previously held positions ranging from Developer, Technical Consultant, Head of Development through to CTO and more recently founder and CEO of several high profile technology companies.
Unit 302, Cannon Wharf Business Centre,
Pell Street, London, SE8 5EN
© Copyright 2017, Glance Creative Ltd. All rights reserved.